From the Collection: The Green Witch Tarot

The Green Witch Tarot is one of my newest decks, which I received a few weeks ago.  I love the earthy feel to it.  It feels fantastic for this time of year (Spring in the SH), and the weather is very dry and drought like at the moment, so very appropriate.  But I see it going well with all seasons too.  As the name suggests, its very witchy, which I love.  Every time I pick it up it makes me think of Stevie Nicks and I end up singing her songs, which is funny and probably a bit weird, but it seems to work for me.

I LOVE the box it comes in.  Its nice and sturdy and has the magnetic strip along the side to keep it closed and secure.





I did a monthly spread for October and my theme card for the month is the 8 of Wands.  I love this particular depiction of this card.  It doesn't show a quickened pace now but moreso the preparation of whats to come.  This time of year is always like the calm before the storm for me.  We're approaching the end of the school year, so activities are going to be aplenty soon and then we have other things coming up including birthdays and then the preparation for Christmas.  So Im starting to plan ahead, write lists and I just want to be as organised as possible.





One thing I noticed about this deck was the name change on many of the major arcana cards.



Just to name a few that I pulled out....The Devil becomes Nature, The Magician becomes The Witch, The Empress becomes The Earth Mother, The Chariot becomes The Battle Wagon and The Fool becomes The Greenman.  So the name changes add a bit of excitement to your readings and I dont mind the changes at all.

I can see myself using this deck often.  Do you have this deck?  I would love to know your thoughts on it.  What type of readings do you like to do with this deck?

Thanks for following,

Rebecca x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello!